Saturday, July 23, 2011

Maybank Treats Fair. DONE.

Hey all, u know what?

These pass 3 days have been so.. difficult.
Someone shared a beautiful article with me.. and it goes like this :

------------------------------------------------------------------


Today I will make a difference. I will begin by controlling my thoughts. A person is the product of his thoughts. I want to be happy and hopeful. Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful. I refuse to be victimized by my circumstances. I will not let petty inconveniences such as stoplights, long lines, and traffic jams be my masters. I will avoid negativism and gossip. Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark. Today I will make a difference.

I will be grateful for the twenty-four hours that are before me. Time is a precious commodity. I refuse to allow what little time I have to be contaminated by self-pity, anxiety, or boredom. I will face this day with the joy of a child and the courage of a giant. I will drink each minute as though it is my last. When tomorrow comes, today will be gone forever. While it is here, I will use it for loving and giving. Today I will make a difference.

I will not let past failures haunt me. Even though my life is scarred with mistakes, I refuse to rummage through my trash heap of failures. I will admit them. I will correct them. I will press on. Victoriously. No failure is fatal. It’s OK to stumble… . I will get up. It’s OK to fail… . I will rise again. Today I will make a difference.

I will spend time with those I love. My spouse, my children, my family. A man can own the world but be poor for the lack of love. A man can own nothing and yet be wealthy in relationships. Today I will spend at least five minutes with the significant people in my world. Five quality minutes of talking or hugging or thanking or listening. Five undiluted minutes with my mate, children, and friends.

Today I will make a difference.


—Max Lucado, From Shaped by God (original title: On the Anvil)


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Beautiful isn't it?
After reading this, it really had an impact on me. I started thinking of the pass 18+ years of my life, and how i've been living em. I dont know about you, But that article really relates to my life.. ALOT. And its funny how the first paragraph, the one about traffic jams, was something like what i shared in my previous entry. heh.. =)

Anyways, after reading this, i made a choice..and decided that from that moment, i would like to lead such a life. it wont be easy. and it hasn't been easy. trust me! i've no idea why, but for me, every single time when i decide on something, Somehow, obstacles will just come flying right away! Take Mc D's for example. Maybe in the morning i say, thts it! no more Mc D for the whole week! then sudd in the afternoon, the group im with wants to eat there. =.=! Always like tht weih! Same thing about leading a life, similar to the article.

The Maybank Treats Fair has been one that i've worried about eversince i went for the training. Why so? few reasons. Firstly, they only sent ONE person, Me, to the training! ahhhh~! felt so pressureddddddd... Coz i hardly know anything about credit cards. and i really dislike them for some reason. and so, because i was the only one who attended, all the questions come to me when they have questions, but if i have questions, where or who do i turn to?! =S so yeah. Anyways, i was really nervous about the fair. but im so glad its over now!

the first day was alright, up untill 7pm, where alot of problems started arising.. with the credit card machine, with the balancing, with the settlements, with the stocks! not tele with the settlement, biggest problem of that day was the short of rm500 plus! O.O! u can imagine how crazy i was going.. i stayed up till 3am tht night..eventhough exhausted! just to try to figure out what went wrong!? counted each receipt one by one.. and just tried to figure something out. but to no avail, i concluded that the stock count might have been the problem. that was the only thing i could think of.. anyways.. its resolved now. i'm glad! 2 reasons of the short. Miscalculation of stocks, Miscalculated the .. goods sold etc. lol. Haihs. So worried like siao for nothing. Felt terrible tht night.. =( and was so tired somemore. Then guess what happened today?!

coz of the short, i wanted to go to Mid Valley to count the stocks again..so i was suppose to reach at 9.30am. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?! When i rushed to my car to catch the ktm, the car i usually drive wouldn't start! the same thing happened on wed. But after i left, dad tried and it was working perfectly fine. Not today tho! it couldn't start! With my hair not tied up, and super messy, and with me rushing , i looked like some mad woman. LOL. ahhh.. terrible. So i took the manual car. YES. i've been forced to drive a manual quite alot recently. so yeah, i'm pretty alright with a manual car once again. =) btr than before actually. =P anyways, guess what happened next?! On the way to the Ktm, THE MANUAL CAR BREAKDOWN PULAK! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~! i was like.. "Seriously?! SERIOUSLY?!!!!" So it was at that moment, i saw no point in rushing anymore. So i took a few minutes to calm down. Tied my hair, chilled myself, and prayed. and just talked to God. I mean, i had so many questions in my head! like, Why is there rm500 short of money?! why is my silver kancil not starting but when dad start can? why NOW..even the manual car breakdown when i need to rush to the ktm to catch the train? SO MANY QUESTIONS. but all i said was, "Okay God. Maybe You're trying to send me a message.Okay God. I'll Listen." Then i went out..popped the hood, and oh man! i dunno how this happened but, SOMEHOW. I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO! :O! i knew what to check, i knew which cable should connect to which. i knew what was wrong with the car, i just did whtever i did and tried starting the car. and it worked! IT WORKED! It was DEFINITELY not me. And when the car started, all that was on my mind was this line..

"God, You ARE watching after me after all. "

When i reached the ktm station, and parked the car, i saw the ktm leaving the station. Usually, I'd be furious. That feeling u'd get, when u see the ktm leaving. Especially when you're late and when you're rushing. But this time, i just looked at the train, and said, "Okay God. Okay." Lately, i've realized my tendency to be super Kan Ciong and Panic super easily. especially when things go out of plan.. when everything starts turning upside down. I just get worked up so easily. So stressed and worried and pressured, So easily. My problem of allowing God, to take charge of my Life. To be in control. Its always me me me. trying to settle every single obstacle that comes my way. The Oh-So-Independent girl who always try to settle everything herself. Truth is, without God, almost everything seems impossible. But With God, All things, Are possible.

And these few months, i've been trying my best to lead a life, of putting my trust in God, and to lean not on my own understanding, but to trust in Him, with all my heart. To be more calm. To be more patient. To be slow to anger. To be more understanding. To Listen more. to worry less. to not let such petty things ruin my day. to control my emotions more.

all these things, their so easy to declare. But when it comes to action, one word. MAAAAAAAN!?! Heh. to those who know me, imagine me saying tht la. LOL. anyways,i got to work real late. 11am plus. haiz.. somemore i'm the team leader/supervisor.. anyways. I was just super happy that in the end the rm500 short problem was resolved. Today went quite alright. slight glitch at the end of the day, but nothing compared to the first night. so yeah. =) i'm glad. and SO GLAD THAT IM DONE WITH THE FAIR! Hehs..

You know, these pass few days when i try to lead such a life (like the article).. i constantly fight to change my bad old habits. But God being so graceful, He has been sending me reminders in many ways. One of them happened this Morning. I had a long face because of the short and because of whtever tht happened in the morning. this was before the problem had been settled. Then, this guy from Maybank called Zaki,his one of the team members for Merchant support. so whenever i had a problem with the terminal, i could ask for his help. LOL. and i reaaaalllyyyyyyy cari them super alot of times untill they Cam my face edy.. xD so i made new friends. =D haha.. in the morning he came and saw my long face..and he said.. "Whats this la, early in the morning edy long face.." and i told him about the prob.. and he came to me and said.. " U have so many terminal problems , and u come to me super alot of times, but you see? I can still smile. the whole hall 2 got terminal problem also, i can still smile  =) " then it hit me. CYKM! have u forgotten what that article said?! whatever ur promised urself?

so yeah. over the pass few days, alot has been happening. But even so, God constantly sends me reminders, and things that occur in the end after all the crappyness also showed me That He was,is and have always been watching over me. Always. Somehow when something goes wrong, in the end, someone is always there to help me. Or to take care of me. At this Fair, i have been really blessed so have such a great team.

They're all so hardworking, and SO VERY HELPFUL! they're not those typical promoters where they dont give a care about helping out the supervisor. they feel like, i'll just do my job and why dont you do yours. But no! my team was so nice to me! they helped me in every way possible! whenever i looked busy, they'd come to me, and immediately ask me if they could do anything to help me.

Ah Hao, Yi Xian, Pinky, And especially Suzanne and Mc. i could not have gotten through these two days without your support and encouragement. Thanks alot team! =)! i really appreciate all of your help and care and support. really really do. u have no idea. =)

And also, the merchant support guys. hahaha.. Shahid, Saaid and Zaki. U guys were awesome la! Every single time i needed help, Y'all were always there.. and after a while, when we became friends, they super nice kay. constantly came by my booth to see if everything was alright. =) sorry for botherin u guys like, ALOT. AHAHAA.. =P and thanks for the lollipop Zaki! =) he's the one who said the smile smile stuffs. =D

And talking about smiles.
Guess what? Theres this girl, who works opposite my booth. Yday, the whole day, she kept looking at me. But finally today, when i was standing near her booth coz i was taking pictures, she came up to me and asked me.. " Hey, Are you Celine? " and i was shocked! and she told me that Her name is Carmen and that she joined AFC for caroling in 2009. i rmb talking to her once.. but we didn't talk much tho. I was suprised tht she could even rmb my name! and so i asked her how?! and why?! how come u rmb me? and guess wha she saidddddd?!!! =D =D =D =D she said,


" i remember you because of Your Smile. " =)

awww maaaaan~! THAT IS SO SWEET! how can that sentence not make my day?! ahhh.. =) and she mentioned how she always get so distracted from all the dancing because of my smile. hahahaa..! "Coz when u dance, ur smile is always so captivating." ahaha.. =D happy. =)

and i bumped into alot of familiar faces too. =)
and i made new friends! hahaha.. alot of new friends.
although this Fair have been really tiring and difficult, it also came with many reminders, lessons, smiles and friendships.

cant wait for the weekend. =) FINALLY GET TO REST!
I hope u are blessed by the Article, like how i was blessed.

PS: thanks heap loads, to the friends who were there for me when i super stress about anything concerning this Fair. Kim, Apple, Yin Kuen, MC , Ren. Thanks for being there for me! love love loves!

xoxo.!

No comments:

Post a Comment