Sunday, May 01, 2011

I Wanna Be Like Cliff Young.


A 61 year old Farmer who won the World's Toughest Race.

He was competing against state runners and strong athletes from all over the world. Fit and strong as they are, He confidently knew and believed that he finish this race. Everyone laughed at him and thought he was crazy as he was the odd one out. Nobody believed he could finish this 500 Miles race from Melbourne to Sydney. Some were even worried he might die trying. People were like, "well, let him have his fun" and others just laughed at his so called "stupid believe" at that time.

He was a 61 year old man who had never ran a race till this 500 miles marathon which would take 5 days to complete.

The press and other athletes became curious and questioned Cliff. They told him, "You're crazy, there's no way you can finish this race." To which he replied, "Yes I can. See, I grew up on a farm where we couldn't afford horses or tractors, and the whole time I was growing up, whenever the storms would roll in, I'd have to go out and round up the sheep. We had 2,000 sheep on 2,000 acres. Sometimes I would have to run those sheep for two or three days. It took a long time, but I'd always catch them. I believe I can run this race."
And indeed, He did. IN FACT, HE CAME IN  FIRST PLACE! A man who everyone doubted ended up outrunning the rest of the Pros who were there and who doubted and had a laugh at Him.

Read this,
http://www.elitefeet.com/the-legend-of-cliff-young

and tell me  Cliff Young isn't inspiring.

He inspired me SO much.. Not only did he win the race everyone said was impossible, he also didn't know there was a 10 thousand dollars prize money. and he didn't run for the money and guess what? being so humble, he divided tht 10 thousand to 5 other runners who were there, giving them 2000 each.



In life, people will come around telling you that it is not possible. it is impossible.
But i dare you to say ImPossible because then.. that would mean..

I'M POSSIBLE.

:)


Less than a month left till finals!
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming
xoxo.!

No comments:

Post a Comment